Welcome to my blog

Please read my blog to see how your donations were used to help the Children of Zanzibar

How useful did you find this blog?

15 July 2013

Ramadhan Campaign to feed the hungry began


We delivered almost 400 bags of groceries to 5 different villages this week.

As you can see from the picture the truck was overloaded and ready to tilt.
At first I was scared it would topple over but the people around me didn't seem the least bit perturbed.
They redistributed the load and drove on!




The families were very appreciative of our efforts and they showed their gratitude first by Thanking Allah and then praying for all of us, our families, praying for our safety, good health and increase in sustenance.

The groceries will go a long way to help alleviate their problems and feed them the evening meal while they fast during the day.

The groceries were carried home the traditional way- on their heads. I can't believe how the women were able to lift and carry 60 Kg on their heads, but this is a normal weight for them.


I continue to teach Math, English and science at the school. I have found a university student who will take over when I change villages, and of course we will pay him the going rate for his efforts.
I will evaluate progress at the end of 3 months.

No comments: